IRESC was founded in 2012 by a group of experienced professionals with the aim to serve the oil and gas industry as a specialist risk consulting firm with a global outlook. IRESC has staff working from Hong Kong, Singapore, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Houston and Brisbane and has plans to expand to other locations such as UAE so to cover the various regions and thereby enabling to service our clients at their doorstep.
IRESC has worked with several oil & gas majors like SHELL, BP, TOTAL, ADMA-OPCO, PETRONAS, ARAMCO, INPEX, PTT, ENI, Formosa, KNPC, PETROBRAS, Petronet LNG, SABIC, KOGAS, Asahi Glass Company directly or indirectly through design consultants and engineering contractors.
We have a track record of delivering on projects to schedule and to clients’ expectations. We are committed to enhancing process safety, minimizing risk to people and improving business performance through cost effective practical approaches developed by our team of experienced consultants.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
IRESC is committed to providing independent analysis, advice and cost effective and practical solutions to businesses to achieve their goals on safety, environment and risk. We strive to establish a successful and long-term partnership with our clients.
We are committed to creating a supportive environment to foster the growth of our multicultural team of passionate professionals.
- To be one of the foremost specialist HSE consulting firms, serving the Oil & Gas and other Process industries with emphasis on quality, integrity and service
- To provide advice on process safety, risk, reliability, environmental and related matters so as to enhance business performance, protect lives of workers and public, mitigate adverse impacts on environment and operate in a sustainable way
- To operate globally with a multi-cultural, multi-national team, drawing on global best practices while serving local needs
- To provide equal opportunities for all staff by rewarding performance and encouraging personal development and training
IRESC is an employee owned company without any affiliations to external stakeholders. As such, clients can rest assured that they will receive expert, impartial advice free from any potential conflicts of interest.
Our prime assets as a knowledge-based company are our employees. We have a team of dedicated, multinational consultants.
We have a talented pool of professionals with diverse skills and background to work as one team dedicated to providing high quality risk and HSE consulting services. Our team comprises of engineers and specialists from a broad range of background, including process risk and safety consulting, process design, plant operation, start-up/ commissioning, environmental engineering, etc. We also have very experienced chemical engineers who have over 20 years of experience in the oil and gas sector, as well as scientists who specialise in physics, fluid mechanics, software development and numerical simulation.
Having specialists in numerical and computational techniques, we are highly skilled in applying advanced techniques such as Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) for dispersion and explosion simulations for both onshore and offshore facilities. We also specialise in adopting three dimensional modelling techniques for performing fire and gas mapping studies.
Our long involvement in the industry also allows us to understand the practical side of engineering. Thus, as one of the core principles of IRESC, we aim to convert analytical findings into practical, fit-for-purpose solutions for our clients, so as to achieve the greatest benefits for both safety and client’s business interests.
Global Project Experience
IRESC has experience in working for projects and clients in:
- Asia: Japan, South Korea, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Turkmenistan, Philippines, India, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Bangladesh
- The Middle East: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iraq
- Africa: Egypt, Nigeria, Algeria, Angola, Mozambique
- Australia: Western Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, Melbourne
- Europe: Russia, Italy, Spain, Norway, Hungary, Denmark
- Americas: Canada, USA, Venezuela, Brazil, Bolivia
Health & Safety Policy
IRESC has established safe work practices to achieve high standards of safety and health in the work environment for all employees and those affected by our activities.
IRESC is committed to:
- Providing supportive and accountable leadership for promoting and fostering safe and healthy work conditions
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements at all times, regardless of geographic location
- Providing adequate resources, information and training to instil a safety culture amongst employees
IRESC Quality Policy
IRESC is committed to providing high quality risk, process safety, environmental and reliability consulting services meeting customer expectations and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. IRESC is committed to enhance customer satisfaction through continual improvement of its services and the quality management system.
Quality Management System
IRESC has developed and implemented a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Our QMS has been independently verified and certified in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 management systems standards.
Rearch & Collaboration
Collaboration with HKUST
IRESC has sponsored a research project with the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST) to investigate the radiation impacts in the event of ignition of discharge from multiple PSVs. The research is in progress. As part of this project, a paper was presented by the HKUST team at the ASME 2016 Power Conference in the USA.
Paper abstract can be viewed here.